“Bad luck, my iPhone 5s locked up during update to iOS 9.3. Who can help me! “
That’s no matter, your question is very common, most iPhone users as well as you suddenly forget iPhone password, or your iPhone 5s password always no correct. If you forgot your iPhone passcode, what’s more, your iPhone 5s is stuck in the locked or disabled screen. At this time, you also need to reset your iPhone 5s password. Now, I will introduce you 2 ways to unlock your iPhone 5s, no matter you have synced your iPhone 5s with iTunes or not.
Method 1. Unlock iPhone Password if you have never Sync iPhone with iTunes
If you have never sync your iPhone with iTunes before, you can try this way(With this way you must ensure you have the latest iTunes on your PC).
1. Open iTunes and connect iPhone 5s to computer with a USB cable.
You may get the below message saying “iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because it is locked with a passcord”.
2. Disconnect the USB cable from iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer’s USB port.
3. Turn off your iPhone 5s. You can press and hold the Sleep button or Wake button for 10 seconds until the red slider appears. Then slide the slider and wait till iPhone turns off.
4. Keep press the Home button and reconnect the USB cable to iPhone 5s at the same time. iPhone should turn on.
5. Keep holding the Home button until you see an image displaying a USB cable, the iTunes icon and a message saying “Connect to iTunes”. Then release the home button.
6. iTunes should alert you that it has detected iPhone in recovery mode. Click “OK” and click “Restore” to restore your iPhone.
By the way, if you lost data from iPhone 5s accidentally, you can use iPhone Data Recovery to help you recover lost data, such as contacts, SMS text messages, photos, videos, notes, and more from your iPhone SE/6 Plus/6s/5s/5/4/4s.
Method 2. Unlock iPhone Passcode if you have Synced iPhone with iTunes
If you have synced iPhone with iTunes, you will be lucky. It will be more easily to reset your iPhone 5s password. Follow the steps below to unlock iPhone 5s password.
1. Connect iPhone 5s to computer which has the iTunes you sync iPhone with.
2. Run iTunes if it doesn’t open itself.
3. Select “Back up”.
4. After backup, select “Restore”. After a while, you can recover data from your most recent backup in iTunes.
If you want to get more details, you can read the article: How to Unlock iPhone Password. Hope one of the two ways can help you! Good luck!