Scenarios Where You May Lose Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Data
In order to be more careful and be vigilant with data loss in the future, we need to figure out the large number of reasons that you lost device’s data. You can suffer from data loss due to following reasons:
1. Affection of virus and physical damage of device
2. Anonymous download of unrated backup application
3. Careless synchronization of your device with your PC, Mac or any other web application except with iTunes
4. Continuous rebooting of iPhone, iPad, iPod sometimes causes loss of your precious files
5. Data loss occurs during upgrading iOS software or jailbreak
6. Artificial impertinent operation and accidental deletion
And so on……
Can You Restore Data from iTunes Backup with Zero Quality Loss?
As long as you don’t disable the automatic sync option in iTunes, it will automatically generate a backup for your iOS device when you plug your device into your Mac or PC, and the backup file updates along with your every sync. So it is certainly sure and easy to restore iPhone from iTunes backup. That is, you can recover your iPhone/iPad/iPod data from the recent iTunes backup whenever the data is missing.
However, many users have no idea where the iTunes backup file is located on their computer. Here I give a list of backup location in different OS and iOS.
* Windows XP and the former
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
C:\Users\ Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
~/Library (Collection)/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
How to Extract iTunes Backup File? – Using This iTunes Backup Extractor!
Even through you can go to see the iTunes backup file along with the path given in the above, it doesn’t mean that you’ve really got it. In order to protect personal privacy, iTunes backup is saved as .Sqlitedb file which you can’t preview and access. If you want to access it, you may need the proper iTunes backup extractor to extract the backup from the inaccessible file.
I can recommend you a piece of such software – iTunes Data Recovery. It is designed to recover data from iTunes backup file for those unfortunate Apple users who suffer data loss.
What’s more, this iTunes Data Recovery features with humanized and user-friendly interface. No tech-savvy is needed, it is okay even you are a skill idiot, or a totally green 1. Everyone can use it without any hassle.
How to Use iTunes Data Recovery to Restore Your iPhone/iPad/iPod from iTunes Backup?
With iTunes Data Recovery software, now you don’t need to worry about deleting important messages, contacts, loving photos and so on. Needless to be annoyed with the unfortunate data loss due to Apple device stolen, physical broken, water damaged, etc. as well. Only 3 simple steps are needed to operate the great gadget.
Free download the iTunes Data Recovery before moving on. When install it aright on your computer, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Scan iOS device and download the backup file.
iTunes Data Recovery will detect the devices ever synced with this iTunes, select the device according to the name you specify it. Click “Start” to scan.
Step 2: Preview iTunes file before restoration – Select the files you need to restore.
Step 3: Start to extract your data from the backup accordingly by marking the needed ones.
1. Keep in mind to make regular and frequent backup with iTunes for your convenient data recovery with iTunes Data Recovery.
2. The restoration from iTunes backup can only restore the data since your last sync, the new data added after the last backup can’t be recovered. So if you want to recover iDevice without backup or in worse case, you don’t have an iTunes backup, please use iPhone Data Recovery to recover data directly from device. Read this How to Restore iPhone Photos, Contacts, iMessages without iTunes after Factory Restore article to learn the detailed information.
3. If you are running Mac OS X, here is iTunes Data Recovery for Mac.